Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pictures of My Father

This summer when Darlene was here we were going through old pictures of our mother and father. Mary scanned some of the pictures and linked to them on her blog. I stitched together three of the pictures of my father as shown here.

These pictures would have been taken when my father was in his twenties. He came to Canada at age 30 and had already lost his hair by that time. In the right hand picture he was starting to look more how I knew him. One of my father's sayings was "I used to have wavy hair but it waved goodbye"

3 comments:

Bronwyn said...

He looks very much like Darlene in the second picture.

The Blog Fodder said...

How do you repair old photos? What program are you using? I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 3. Can I do it withthat or do I need the full meal deal?

DC Power said...

I have been mainly using Arcsoft Photostudio that came with my Canon scanner, and JASC Paintshop Photo Album that came with my Dell computer. I am just experimenting so far. I think the program you have should be similar.