Monday, July 12, 2010

Home again

We got home yesterday evening after being away 8 days at North Battleford camp.   It was a wonderful time of services and activities for young and old. It seemed like the children and young people out numbered the older ones.  Most days the threats of rain held off enough so they could have some outdoor activities in the afternoons.    In the picture I am talking to two young ones after they had the Saturday afternoon "fun day."  The little girl with her hand on my back (grand daughter of our friend Eunice), has had a lot of health problems and we have prayed for her often.   She was always concerned to ask me how my back is, and told people I am her friend.  



We did have a wonderful time, but it is still always great to be back home in our own house and our own bed.  We had brother-in-law Steve stay at our house last night on his way home to the US.  Darlene and Lisa will come tomorrow and stay to visit for about a week. 

Maryanne and Chris are in Regina until the end of July.  They are staying first at his parents' place and will be with us later.   They came over today to give me an early birthday present.  It is a remote control helicopter.
 It is an "indoor" helicopter since it couldn't fly in any wind outdoors.  So I have been practicing in the living room.  I did bounce it off the ceiling a couple times, but  fortunately it is does not hurt anything if it crashes.  I will try to post a video of it when I get practiced up.

No comments: