Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Driving Carefully


We had wet snow starting last night and continuing today.   My timing turned out to be good just getting the snow tires on my Mazda yesterday.  It doesn't have much traction with regular all season radials but much better with snow tires.   I did go to work this morning but took it easy driving on ring road.  The traffic  was moving along about 60 km/h when I went which was not bad.  There were some people in the ditch mostly ones who get impatient and try to pass and spin out into the ditch.  When I went home at lunch the city streets were ridiculous with ridges of wet snow, but when I got onto ring road it had been cleared.  It was slippery but OK if you are careful.   I was just as glad to stay home then and to have Thursday off for Remembrance Day.    

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

Likely permanent winter this go-round?