Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Aunt Helen's 90th Birthday

I telephoned my Aunt Helen today to wish her a happy 90th birthday.  We sent her a card and 2 pictures which she said she received.   Aunt Helen lives in Delaware and was married to my father's youngest brother George who passed away in 2004.   The picture below was taken in 2004 when we visited there.   Behind Aunt Helen are my cousins Carol, George (in middle) and Roy  (with Tara the dog peeking out beside.)

 It was very good to talk to Aunt Helen.  She is still full of life and not expecting to stop at 90 or any time soon.  She said she always keeps a positive outlook on life.    I said,  "Yes we can certainly tell that."  She said,  "God has been very good to me."   And she told me,  "Just enjoy every day of your life."   I was very glad I was able to talk to her on her birthday.   

1 comment:

Angel said...

A long life should be treasured :)