Thursday, January 22, 2009

Photo Repair

Recently I have been trying my hand at repairing old photos. The photos above are the original for the picture of my grandparents in my previous post. I have been using ArcSoft PhotoStudio 5.5 than came free with my Canon scanner.

Sometimes I have done photo changes just for fun, like the picture I posted of my Mother where in the background I removed a bathroom door sign and light switch and "repainted" the wall behind her. And then I had some fun with the picture I posted for Christopher's birthday.

This week Elaine had to get a new ID photo for her driver's licence. I kept telling her I could make some "improvements" to her photo, but she was suspicious of me. Later she asked "Where is my driver's licence?" and she came into the computer room and saw me just take it out of the scanner. Oops, caught in the act!

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

When I get back to Regina, I need that software and lessons. I have a Canon Scanner so it is not stealing. You have done an awesome job of digitally repairing Tanya's old photos.