Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Weekend Travels

We travelled to the Park Valley area for the weekend, going up on Friday and coming home yesterday. We had a very good trip and enjoyable visits.

Elaine was in the garden with her Mother.

Here I am on the patio at the farm enjoying the nice weather.

Janice and Rayna looking at one of the horses.

While I was on the front deck at Greg and Laurel's log house I had two very friendly dogs and a cat wanting to be petted at the same time. For a while I was petting one dog with each hand and the cat was crawling under my arm.

Elaine was trying to ride one of the horses in the evening but not getting too far. It wasn't used to anyone else riding it.

This beautiful sunset ended my birthday at the farm.

Random conversation at the farm:
Me: I need a heating pad for my sore neck.
Grandma: I have a heating pad that is full of beans.
Me: Sometimes I am full of beans.
Grandma: Puzzled look
Janny: Shaking head and rolling eyes.

4 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Those are nice pictures from the farm! What a nice picture of Grandma!

And sometimes you are indeed full of beans.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You are full of beans, Uncle David.

The Blog Fodder said...

Good pictures. Sounds like you had a good birthday weekend. Happy belated. Full of beans is not a Norwegian expression, I take it?

The Blog Fodder said...

Why is her mom holding Elaine's head?