Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Day

We have a holiday today here and we are just having a quiet day at home.  Family Day is a provincial holiday in Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Ontario.   In Manitoba today is Louis Riel Day and in Prince Edward Island it is Islander Day.   All other provinces have a regular work day.   I think the idea was that we need a holiday to break up the long cold winter.  Places like BC have nicer weather so they don't need a holiday :)

We thought our basement crew would be here today to finish the steel bracing but they are taking the day off and should finish tomorrow.   Then we won't have any more work down there until spring after we get the outside grading fixed and make sure water is not coming into the basement.  We are also needing the front sidewalk and driveway redone which is badly disintegrated.  We tried to call contractors about the driveway last year but they were all way behind in their work due to the amount of rain we had.  The dollar signs are adding up but the work needs to be done.

We are getting ready for our first polio group meeting of the year on Thursday.  I am the treasurer so I will be presenting the 2010 financial statements.  This is not a large group (about 60 members) so I just keep track of the memberships, donations, and expenses in a spreadsheet I built that generates the financial statement in the format the government wants.  This is my second year so once everything is set up it goes quite easily.

So for my day off I am not really busy but enough to keep me out of trouble ...  

No comments: