Friday, April 25, 2008

Today's Verse

This week I have started a new part of my blog labelled Today's Verse. I just added a simple text box that I manually edit periodically when I feel inspired to do so.

Often I use a Bible program to find verses I am thinking about, searching by word or phrase. I have used a program called Online Bible for many years, that can be downloaded for free from www.OnlineBible.net. I also sometimes use a website www.BibleGateway.com to find verses I am looking for. Of course I still use a regular concordance, but these Bible programs are helpful.

Today's verses are by special request of Janny. She has often reminded me of these verses.

Eph 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Col 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

5 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Papa, what are you going to do next week when both of your troublemaking daughters are on the Left Coast? You'll be so bored.

The Blog Fodder said...

My father was always long on Children obey your parents and Wives be in subjection to your husbands. He tended to gloss over the other half of each instruction. I like Job 28 for pure poetry.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Do you miss us yet?

DC Power said...

What I am worried about is you and Jsnny in the same city for a week. That is T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

DC Power said...

Oops I mean Janny.