Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Merry Christmas to All

We have always read the Christmas story before opening our gifts. It is something I remember when I was young and we continued it with our family. When we read the Christmas story yesterday before gift opening we talked about when Grandma told the Christmas story to the kids with the flannel board. This is a picture we have up on a shelf in our living room.

We celebrated our Christmas on the 24th because that is when Mike and Nicole could come. We had the traditional turkey dinner with Elaine and I and Janny and Mike and Nicole. Then during gift opening we had Mary and Chris connected by the web cam on Janny's laptop. That was fun.

With the festivities over yesterday we are having a quiet day today. I have been mostly learning about my new GPS. (Did I mention I like maps?) We are hoping the weather cooperates because we are planning to go to Saskatoon tomorrow to be with Elaine's family.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

Merry Christmas, DC and family.