Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Year in Review

I am thankful for the year we have had and look forward to 2009. Like everyone there have been many good times and some sad times but much to be thankful for in 2008.

In 2008 my health was better than 2007. Even though there are still some challenges my health condition has been stable.

Elaine and I have been married for 31 years and are still celebrating being alive!

I have completed 32 1/2 years at work and am thankful for my job. My job was changed to a Senior Advisor role that suits me perfectly and gives me a flexible work schedule. And I can work from home whenever I feel like it.

We were able to make several trips within the province to church camps, weddings, and a family reunion.

We had sadness this year with several friends and relatives passing away. We had a friend staying with us for a month while her husband was in hospital until he passed away. It was a real up and down time but we were glad to be able to be a support and comfort.

Of course there was much more in the last year but the words of the song Great is Thy Faithfulness seems to really sum it up. The chorus says:

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

And I like the words at the end of the last verse: "Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!"

Happy New Year everyone and all the best for 2009.

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

A great blog. I love that old Hymn and should someone chose to remember me many years from now, they need only sing that from the bottom of their hearts.
Happy New Year, David and Elaine