Friday, May 1, 2009

Comedy of Errors

We had supper last night at Alfredo's for our anniversary. Some of our kids said make sure you don't go to Humpty's for your anniversary, where we have gone a few times recently. Alfredo's is a better restaurant but still a fairly relaxed atmosphere.

So when we ordered our meals there Elaine asked for some kind of mexican meal with chicken and I asked for chicken parmesan. After a while the waitress comes carrying our meals, but she is looking at the plates as she walks to the table. She said she had to check the orders and went straight back to the kitchen with the plates. Then she came out and explained that she had put in an order for veal parmesan instead of chicken parmesan and they were making me a new meal with the chicken. I said that's OK we are not in a hurry. After a wait we got our meals and they were pretty good.

Then when the waitress brought our bill I was looking at it and it had some liquor and three meals including a child. We had the bill for a family at the next table so we traded bills with them. Now when I looked at our bill it had the charge for Elaine's meal, but I was charged twice for the veal and for the chicken. After some further confusion the waitress came up with the corrected bill and we paid. She was very apologetic for all the mixups but we told her we still enjoyed the evening.

Now I have a day off today. No I am not celebrating May Day. I have some vacation days left from last year I have not taken yet and I have not taken a vacation day at home for a while.

No comments: