Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall in the Park

We were at the park again this afternoon and there is a noticeable change from two weeks ago with the leaves starting to get their fall colours.   We had a sunny hot day with high of 29C but by late afternoon when we went to the park it started to cloud over and was a very pleasant 23C.

      Driving through the park across from the legislature

The lake near the legislature looking toward downtown
(If you click on it you can see the Rider logos on the twin towers)

View from the walkway under the Pine Island "waterfall" 

As I mentioned when I posted two weeks ago about being at the park, Pine Island is our favourite place to go for a view of the lake.  I hadn't walked around to the side of the island along the walkway under the waterfall before.  We also walked around to the upper lookout above this waterfall.  I am so glad to be able to do some walking without getting out of breath.  I carry my oxygen tank but just use it at 1.5 litres/min while walking compared to the 4 litres/min I used to need.    And there are a lot of benches around the island that we can sit on when we want to for a while.  We had a very nice time in the park.
   
Update: Here is a link with more information and pictures for the waterfall on Pine Island on the old Broad Street Bridge.   

3 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

Great photos. Wascana Lake has a waterfall? I missed that.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

They converted the old Broad Street bridge into a waterfall.

Hey Papa, that Tilly hat sure makes you adventurous!

DC Power said...

I added a link on the blog post with more information and pictures of the waterfall.