Sunday, October 3, 2010

Another Nice Afternoon in the Parks

I haven't blogged since last Sunday when we went to the park in the afternoon. It was so nice today at 25C with little wind  I wanted to go there again.  But Elaine wanted to take her bicycle and start up in the northwest of the city at the beginning of the bike trails.  So I dropped her off there and drove to meet her at another park farther along the trail.
Elaine at the start of the bike trail

Elaine took pictures along the bike trail as she rode toward Wascana Park

Elaine took this picture from near the Marina looking toward Pine Island

Elaine took another picture from the Marina zooming in on Pine Island.   She could not see me from where she was but I was going to meet her at Pine Island after she crossed the bridge to that side of the lake.  When I looked at the picture afterward and zoomed in I saw myself (with Tilley hat and oxygen tank)  where I was sitting after walking around the island (enlarged in inset.) 

The beautiful warm sunny weather we have had for the last 10 days is supposed to last at least another week.  So we tried to get out and enjoy it while we can.   And we are very thankful the farmers are getting some harvesting weather.   
  

1 comment:

Byron Price said...

Hi David & Elaine,
This brings back great memories of our family, biking the paths in Wascana Park in Regina. That's one of the things I miss. Thanks for sharing.
Byron