Thursday, May 5, 2011

Papers all signed

Yesterday Elaine and I had a meeting all afternoon to sign the papers for my pension and benefits.  So everything is as official as can be now.  It took a while since even though we had already thoroughly analyzed the pension options, they have to review everything to ensure there is no misunderstanding of the financial implications.  Then there were tax forms and designation of beneficiary and insurance plans.  The time is coming near and I only have 8 1/2 working days left after taking a vacation day tomorrow.

 
Other than that we have been busy getting arrangements for some outdoor work before we get back to the basement renovations.   The driveway and front sidewalk are way overdue for replacement and we are getting estimates from contractors.  We also have to decide want to do about new front steps at the same time.  And we need to get someone to do some grading around our house so the water drains away from the foundation.    This will help keep the basement dry and then we can get back to getting some work done down there.   I won't be doing this work myself but just the planning  and arrangements will keep me busy for a while after I retire.  

No comments: