Sunday, May 15, 2011

Time Flies

The time seems to be going by quickly and I haven't done a blog post for over a week so I thought I would do a combined update of what we have been doing over the last while.

Last weekend on Saturday night I attended Elaine's choir performing Verdi's Requiem with the symphony.  This was excellent and I enjoyed it very much.   A requiem is funeral music  but this was music that would wake up the dead.  There were soft beautiful parts and then much with great volume with choir and orchestra.  I was up in the 3rd balcony which gave a view over the whole performance from above.  It was about 90 minutes plus intermission for the whole performance and I was pretty well on the edge of my seat the whole time.   The four soloists they brought in were amazing as well.   It was very enjoyable.

Then last Sunday for Mother's Day Janice made the supper at home with an excellent pork roast.  Mike was here and we had a nice evening visiting.   I think Elaine enjoyed a quiet evening at home after being out so much with her rehearsals and her concert.

Last night we were out to a restaurant with people from my work for my retirement.  We had a very nice time with the group I have worked with plus two people who retired previously.   I just am into some final cleanup in my office at work with 3 1/2 days to go.  On Wednesday afternoon there is a come and go retirement coffee/ tea.  Elaine will come then and bring home my custom office chair and a few personal belongings.  Then Thursday morning I will just do some goodbyes and hand in my keys, etc. 

This evening we just got home from an enjoyable BBQ at Bronwyn and Wade's with good food and good visiting with friends.  We are finally getting some weather that seems like summer is on the way.   Now we will have to start preparing for our trip which is just over a week away leaving Monday May 23.  Time flies ... 

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

Checked this today and it says 2 days left. Way to go! Glad to hear you were visiting Bron and Wade.