Thursday, May 19, 2011

Retirement Countdown Completed

I finished up at work this morning, said my goodbyes and handed in my ID card, office key and security remotes for the gate and front door.   They had a come and go retirement function yesterday afternoon at work and quite a few people came including a number that previously retired.  So this morning was just the final wrap up and personal goodbyes.

   The secretary tied a Happy Retirement balloon to my briefcase coming home today.

Everyone who retires gets a portraicature from SaskPower.  I was amused that they showed me typing with two fingers.  I am not sure how the artist knew that.   And note the running shoes.  

 The work group gave Elaine these flowers when we were out with them at a restaurant on Saturday. 

 
At the retirement function they gave me a gift card from money they collected toward a gift from my coworkers and others who came.   I used it toward the purchase of a new camera.  I got a Canon SX130IS which is the current model similar to Maryanne's SX120IS which I was very impressed with.    I was trying it out with macro on the bolt of the scissors in the picture above.  Also Elaine used it to take the picture of the flowers above.

My other corporate retirement gift was a watch.  I chose a Victorinox Swiss Army Officer watch.  I still need to get the bracelet adjusted before I wear it.  

Now after all these retirement festivities we have to get serious about getting ready for our trip.  We plan to leave Monday morning for the US.

4 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Hooray for my retired Papa! Very nice pictures.

Ky said...

Happy Retirement, Uncle David!!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Chris says "Swiss Army watch? That's the perfect one for retirement, because the Swiss army doesn't do anything. Other than act as a ceremonial guard for the Vatican."

The Blog Fodder said...

Congratulations, DC. Enjoy. And get out of the country before they contract you back to fix something.