Tuesday, September 13, 2011

More Birthday Toys

The family gave me 2 rc helicopters for my birthday.   I first got a small 3 channel rc helicopter last year for my birthday.   This year they felt I should move on to a bigger one.   When I first opened the larger helicopter I was fairly apprehensive about  a large outdoor helicopter but it turned out to be a manageable size to fly in the back yard.  It also came with a small indoor 4 channel rc helicopter (for when the weather isn't good for outdoors.)    


Elaine took some videos of me flying the larger helicopter in the back yard.   You pretty well need a time when there is little or no wind.  In the first part a breeze was coming up and the helicopter kept drifting over closer to Elaine.  When I tried turning it around it ended up landing in the rose bush right beside her.  Later the wind was calm and the flying was more successful.
I will also have to get some videos of flying the smaller helicopter around the living room.  My other birthday gifts were a wooden model of the Victoria blue bridge and a DVD of the documentary March of the Penguins.  I guess the family wanted to ensure I was adequately entertained in my retirement.     

3 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Papa, you are the cutest.

As is Mom, with her "AAA" when the helicopter got close to her.

The Blog Fodder said...

Loved March of the Penguins. Great movie. Once you master RC choppers will you try PAOC choppers?

DC Power said...

PAOC as in Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada??