Sunday, March 23, 2008

Home Again

We are home again after being at North Battleford for church meetings over the Easter weekend. We had a wonderful time in the meetings and in visiting with many people. I was especially thankful we could be there since I missed these meetings one year ago when I was in the hospital. This was the 60th anniversary of when these meetings first started in 1948, and they seem to be even better each year.

We heard a lot from the Beatitudes of how these teachings of Jesus should affect our everyday lives. A key verse that stood out in the messages was "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him." (Matthew 17:5 KJV Bible) We still need to be hearing him today as he speaks to us in many ways, in the scriptures, through other people, and through the "still small voice" in our hearts (as Elijah learned in 1 Kings 19:12).

Even with the wonderful time we had away for the weekend, it is still great to be home again.

No comments: