Saturday, March 29, 2008

One Month Blogiversary

Well it was my one month blogiversary this week. I passed the one month mark since I started my blog. I started it off with a confession that I am a Piece of Work. Of course this was not a revelation to anyone who knows me (especially my daughters)!

I was saying for quite a while that I should start a blog. When my daughters would tell something about me on their blog, I would say "What if I had a blog, then I would tell stories about you." They thought this was just an empty threat. They should know that I mean what I say. (Just wait until you see someone riding past on a trick bike with an oxygen tank.)

Mary said that I had told her that if I had a blog it would be both silly and serious. I think that is important and expresses who I am. There are times to be silly and there are times to be serious. That is part of the necessary balance of life.

I am interested in how some people find my blog through Google blogsearches. A recent one from Germany did a search from "Yale computer quotations." There were two that searched for "short haircut" or "haircut short" and found my Short Haircut post. The one that amused me the most was someone who searched for "What a piece of work Hamlet" and found me. Apparently even Google thinks I am a piece of work!

Blogging can become an addiction (or habit-forming.) If I want to stop sometime I may have to go through the Bloggers Anonymous 12 step program. But for now I have no intention of quitting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary, Uncle David. I'm glad you joined the blogosphere.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Hooray for a month of Dad blogging!

I now know better than to challenge you on your empty threats. I fully expect to see you trick biking.

arimich said...

YAY! I'm so excited to see you in the blogosphere (did I spell that correctly, Mary?). I've been away from the internet for quite awhile, and it is wonderfully pleasant to be able to visit you here. Happy Blogiversary!

p.s. I just gave you a celebratory shin kick.