Friday, March 13, 2009

First Sign of Spring

I have been just working from home for the last while with the very cold weather, so I had not been into the office for quite a while. I pretty well went into hibernation. But this morning the weather was much better, -6C at 8AM and then going up to about +1C. So I went out to the office this morning.

When one of the "characters" I have worked with for many years saw that I had come to the office today he said to everyone, "It's the first sign of spring. Just like Groundhog Day. We know spring is here when David comes out and sees his shadow."

2 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

Glad to hear there is some hope for spring in Saskatchewan and that you are no longer house bound.

I am reminded of the First Nations Elder who forecast the severity of winter by the size of the white man's woodpile.

Rob-bear said...

Yes, we've had two days -- (almost) two whole days -- with temperatures above zero°C. and it's only the middle of March -- a week before the official start of spring.

Wow!