Monday, March 2, 2009

One Day at a Time

We do have to remember and learn from the past. And we need to plan for the future. But sometimes we worry about "water that has already gone under the bridge." And we often worry about crossing bridges we may never come to. We need to a greater extent to live one day at a time. I think the words of this song* express this quite well:
One day at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you.

Just give me the strength
To do everyday what I have to do.

Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine.

Lord help me today, show me the way
One day at a time.
* Chorus from ONE DAY AT A TIME, SWEET JESUS by Marijohn Wilkins and Kris Kristofferson

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

That is a great song. I love Kris Kristofferson and have several of his CD's, including one with this song.