Sunday, December 20, 2009

All Fed Up

We are just home from the annual Christmas dinner at church.   We were very well fed as usual.  This year Janice cooked the turkey (19lbs) and Elaine made the dressing and gravy.  I told Bronwyn that the turnips she made turned out very good, which have been a tradition at our dinners.  The main strategy is to not take too much salads on your plate first so that by the time you have the vegetables, turkey and dressing there is still room for the mashed potato "volcano" filled with gravy.   Now I am home and well fed and can just sit back in my big chair and have a Sunday afternoon rest.  

3 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Thanks Uncle David! I was glad the turnips were good. I hoped they would be... I have 10 lbs of them!

DC Power said...

Very good but I am too full to eat any more.

The Blog Fodder said...

Christmas dinners at Regina were the best.