Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas at Home

We had Mike and Nicole here with Elaine and Janice and I for Christmas eve. We first had our meal together. Janice did the turkey again this time, and Elaine prepared the rest of meal which was great.

After dinner I read the Christmas story which we always do before opening our gifts.  We are reminded that the reason we celebrate Christmas is because God gave us the gift of his Son Jesus.  



While opening our gifts we had Mary and Chris on webcam using Skype. We watched them open their presents and then they watched while we opened our presents.



We didn't get a picture taken of the tree with the gifts under it, so I took a picture this afternoon.



So now today on Christmas day we are having a relaxing day here.    I  got many great gifts that I will enjoy.   But yesterday we were remembering the Rita MacNeil Christmas tape we used to listen to:

All I want under my tree
Peace and love and harmony
Wrap it with a ribbon please
I’ll share it with my family
 


That is really the best gift - peace and love and harmony that we can share with our family.   

Merry Christmas everyone.  

2 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

Merry Christmas, David and Elaine, Janice, Mike and Nicole

LynnieC said...

I think I have to finally break down and buy the Rita MacNeil Christmas albums on CD. I miss them so much.